Thursday, February 3, 2011
One Step Closer!
This afternoon Mason was moved from the CICU to the Surgical Unit, one step closer to going home!!! This morning he had a echo and that was the final step before moving him up here. The echo showed that his heart isn't pumping as strong as his pre-op echo but it isn't at an alarming level either, so he will have another echo in clinic after he is discharged. A reason for that is he has had high blood pressure post-op and they said they think that could have caused it so they bumped up his blood pressure medicine and are hoping that will do the trick to get it back where it was before. When we came in he was on 3/4 of a liter of oxygen and now he is only at 1/2! They wont try to ween him for awhile because the oxygen is good for them so it will probably be a month or so until they have us start to ween him off. He is starting to wake up a little more, he still is kinda out of it and hasn't smiled yet but every time he wakes up I see a little more of his personality starting to come back. Now that he is here we are no longer staying at the Ronald McDonald because we can sleep right in his room. His nurse tonight is so dang nice her name is Kellee and she can tell how exhausted I am so she told me when I go to bed to sleep and when Mason wakes up to eat keep sleeping and she will come in and feed him! I took her up on that offer and I actually just got Mason back to sleep so I am going to go ahead and do the same! Zac went back to Logan to go to school tomorrow but he left me his computer so I'll update again tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAY! I am so excited that he's up on recovery floor now! That is so great! I hope you get at least some rest sleeping in his room and hearing the beeping outside the doors. You'll be in the comfort of your own home before you know it with Mason! :)
Mollie, this is all great news! It sounds like he is handling things well. It sounds like you have a great support team with the nurses. It will be good for you to get some rest as well. I am sure it will be nice to be home. The comfort of your own bed and having your family under one roof! We love you guys, let us know if you need anything.
GREAT NEWS!!!! WAY TO GO MASON :-)
Post a Comment