Thursday, February 10, 2011

Home and Back again!

Quick update:
Mason got to go home on Sunday... YAY!!! But he just got admitted again last night (Wednesday). We took him to the pediatricians office on Wednesday because he was really fussy and had a temp of 102. There was no obvious reason for it so they drew his blood and his white count had gone from 8,00 to 20,000 and his CRP was really high (they didn't tell me the value) So we came as a direct admit to PCMC. This morning his CRP had doubled from yesterday and he has been on antibiotics since 10:30 last night. All the viral tests have come back negative and he had a echo and his heart looks great! So now it is just trying to figure out what is causing all of this. If it's something minor we could hopefully go home as early as sunday but we also have the potential of being here for at least a month. We are hoping for the Sunday date! :) Zac has to leave so I will try to get an update in tomorrow when Mason is sleeping in the Parent Resource Center. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! And HAPPY CONGENITAL HEART DEFECT WEEK!!! :)

2 comments:

brenda said...

I hope Sunday too. I will keep checking up on you but please let me know if you need anything, I could come down and just keep you company or take Ryder if needed!

Heather K. said...

I'm so sorry that you're having to be back in the hospital with Mason. I hope it is sooner than later for all of your sake. Being in the hospital so long can take a toll on your sanity. Please keep us updated with how he's doing. I hope his #'s are on the decent now that he has had antibiotics for 24 hours now.