Saturday, February 12, 2011
Surgery Update
Mason's surgery went pretty good last night. It took about 2 hours, they had t0 completely re-open his chest and cleaned him out with 2 liters of antibiotic then vacuumed it all out. Dr. Burch felt good about how it went and that they got all the infection out. The Dr said they only get about 4-5 sternal infections a year so Lucky Mason! Although I'm grateful it wasn't some other things these Hypoplast Left heart babies could go through. They were pretty worried he would be sepsis but so far so good on that. He stayed the night in the CICU but is now back on surgical. He has a high fever still so they are watching that. We will hopefully come home Wednesday or Thursday. He will come home with a Picc (sp?) Line for 6 weeks of antibiotics so I will get to learn another new thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Interesting...I didn't know that's how they would clean the infection out but I'm glad it's over with and the surgery went well. I'm glad he's on surgical so you can be there with him all the time.
I'm glad that you will be able to bring him home with the picc line. I'm assuming you will just administer the meds through it yourself? Praying for the best for Mason and all of you! :)
Sorry to hear about the infection but glad they figured out what is going on. Hope you are all home together soon!
Mollie,
You and your little man are the strongest people I know! We all can learn a lot from you and the strength that you are showing through all this!!! Who said you needed to go to school to be a nurse???? After you are done with all this you should have your licence for sure! keep your chin up and I am thinking about you guys!
Post a Comment