Mason keeps making amazing progress everyday! Through last night and this morning he was able to come off some meds that were keeping him in the ICU. He walked a few steps which was a big deal. It made him tired but he got to pick a prize out of the treasure box for being so brave and strong. Most of the people in the ICU knew Mason and would wave and tell him how great he was on wagon rides around the unit. Since he was doing so good he got released to the step down unit this afternoon! It is such an exciting step but going from the ICU is hard. I always hate it going from one on one care to one nurse having 5 patients. Also there is something so great about the ICU nurses here, they made Mason feel so loved and were always building him up telling him how great he is. His nurses today made him an honorary doctor and were trying to talk him to going to live at their houses. He smiled but said he wanted to stay with mommy. When his two nurses wheeled him over to the step down unit and left, he cried. He didn't want a new nurse or a new room, he wanted his nurses and his room. It was so sweet but sad at the same time. The nurses told him they would come visit tomorrow and I am sure they will love that he cried to go back. When he got semi settled I carried him to the playroom to pick out a movie and a car to ride in. We spent most the night on a walk with him riding in his new red car, he would sleep in it if I would let him. We got to Facetime Zac and Ryder tonight, it made me so so homesick for them. They are doing great without us but I know they miss us too and it will be a great day when we are all home together. Mason is still on 4 IV medications and isn't eating yet. When he can get off the IV medications and start eating again then they will start taking the discharge plan, but they don't expect that to happen for awhile still. He is now able to take 5 meds orally so that is positive and his body responds well to those. I saw glimpses of his personality today and I know everyday I will see more and more. We already have a play date planned tomorrow with some friends in the playroom so hopefully being up and out will help him get stronger. One thing I forgot to post about last night was how much I absolutely love his surgeon. When he came to see how he was doing he kneeled down to Mason's level and said "Mason you are such a good boy. You are so strong and brave, I am so proud of you." He is such an genuine guy and I will forever be grateful to him!
It's a double thumbs up kind of day
This is seriously an amazing picture. I never thought I would ever ever see Mason's oxygen 100%. Before his surgery he was at 78%. This is even on room air, no oxygen for this little guy!
His first car ride of the night
We did bedtime sillies before he went to sleep tonight
All tucked in with his friends





3 comments:
Such good news! :) Mason is doing awesome!!! What a trooper!!!
I love ready your updates on Mason, Mollie!!Im so glad that he is doing sooo good!!
it's so hard to beleive that 100%!!! Makes me tear up! So, so, so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment