Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cardiac Cath and MRI Day

They took Mason back about 20 minutes ago for his MRI.  We were lucky enough to get the same team of nurses, nurse anesthetist, and anesthesiologist.  They remembered Mason and us.  It is so nice to have familiar faces when sending your baby back without you.  I think Mason kind of remembered the room we were in from June.  He was pretty skeptical as soon as we went back.  He also was pretty grumpy and wanted to eat some Starbursts and didn't think it was nice that we wouldn't let him.  We decided we would have him try to take the sedation medicine by mouth before they took him back to do the IV, that didn't work at all.  It hit his mouth and it came right back out, so they had to give him a shot.  A few minutes after the shot he was out and they started hooking him up to everything.  They were going to do an IV and put in a breathing tube then start the MRI first.  That will take a few hours and then hopefully the cath lab has an open room so he can go straight there after, if not then that will make the day a little longer.  They told us to plan on about 5 hours until we can go see him in recovery.  It is never easy sending kids back without you, no matter what they are having done.  I would think I would be used to sending him back but every time it gets harder and harder.  I guess it is just getting me ready for Friday.  Although it is hard sending him back I feel a sense of peace and calmness, so thanks for all the prayers and positive energy, it is being felt by us here in Boston.  

No comments: