Saturday, January 25, 2014

Post Op Day 4

Mason is now 4 days post surgery. When doing his pictures today I was putting day 3 on all of them.  Days sure do run together in here.  Today started as a really good day.  Numbers were great.  The only thing that was off was his fluid balance.  He was retaining more than he was peeing and when the did a bladder scan his bladder was still full after peeing so they had to put his catheter back in.  He opened his eyes a lot to day and even mouthed words like hi, mommy, and ouch.  The first person he opened his eyes for was Ryder.  That made Ryder really happy and it made him not want to leave Mason's room.  He is such a good and attentive big brother.  As the night got closer numbers started to jump around again.  We got a new nurse for the night and she isn't as proactive as the other nurses have been so that is being hard on me.  He got a fever again, his left pressure is high, and he seems uncomfortable.  She just moseys around like it isn't a problem. She also doesn't talk to him.  I already can't wait until morning and hope that a different style nurse put us back.  She is nice and I am sure a great nurse but she is different than the others have been with Mason.  Problem is that she is back again tomorrow night and will most likely be his nurse again.  They don't let you request nurses here or say you don't want one, it is kind of a hard thing to deal with.  Phew, now that I got that off my chest I am thankful that she is here to take care of him even if I don't like her style. 
Zac and Ryder are leaving tomorrow.  I am super sad that they have to go home. It makes me cry to think about.  It is going to be hard having our family so far apart and not knowing for how long.  Hopefully they will come back soon and visit.  My mom is staying here with me though, thank goodness! 
So in a nutshell today was kind of a hang out day with as far as care wise he didn't take any steps forward but more importantly he didn't take any steps back.  He is a fighter and I am glad he is mine.
 
So good to see his eyes!
 
 Not ready to leave
 
 Watching Disney together
 
There isn't a bond better than the one that brothers share

1 comment:

Czarina said...

I got really sad - and teary eyed - reading about your husband and son leaving today.

We will be in the same situation and I won't have any support until my husband comes back the following week.

This is hard...but one foot in front of the other.

I am glad you got to see Mason awake and Ryder was able to see him.

Prayers for strength for both of you, healing, pressures and numbers to stabilize, and for your nurse to pick up her pace and be more aggressive.