Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another Surgical Update

We just got another update from the nurse and hopefully the next will be from Dr. Emani! Mason is off the heart lung bypass. They do some testing to check the heart before they take them off and he passed all of those so that is great news! The doctor will close his chest now and then come out and talk to us.  The nurse said it will probably be another hour before he comes out.  After he talks to us we are looking at another 1-2 hours until they get him settled in his CICU room and we can go back and see him.  I hate seeing him covered in wires and tubes and a breathing tube but at the same time I love seeing him.  A piece of my heart is missing without my little sidekick next to me.  I think we are all anxious to see him.  I might to be able to update again until tonight when I go to bed depending on how it goes and how soon we can go wait to go see him upstairs.  Today has been a hard but at the same time great day.  Hopefully the next update will say my baby's half a heart is finally whole. <3

No comments: