A new year, a new adventure. I cannot complain about 2013 because we were blessed in so many different ways, and I know 2014 will be just as great! We leave in 9 days to Boston, and I am glad we are. Mason is showing more signs everyday that his body is ready for the next surgery. He is a lot more tired, his oxygen keeps dropping down into the 60's, and he just isn't quite as happy as he normally is. I emailed his Boston cardiologist about the changes and she said good thing surgery is already scheduled or else it would be put on the schedule in a quick hurry. He isn't needing oxygen all the time, and actually up until today I haven't put it on him at all because when his oxygen drops he usually recovers back in the high 70's on his own within 5 mins. Today he wasn't recovering so he got to wear it. At first he was mad at me that I put it on him and within a few minutes he was laughing and running around, his body could tell the difference having the oxygen on and I could tell it really made him feel better. He will more than likely get to wear it more often as these next 9 days go by.
We have kept him inside away from other people this last little bit and so far we have all stayed away from the nasty bugs that are going around. Quarantine is crappy but it pays off to have him healthy and in his best shape going into a major open heart surgery. For this next week we will enjoy a lot of time with each other watching movies and eating popcorn(one of Mason and Ryder's favorite things to do). Thanks for all the continued support, the next update will most likely be from Boston!
Mason aka Hulk rocking his oxygen this morning

3 comments:
i'm always so glad to see your updates on little mason! i think of you and your family often and hope this next surgery goes well! i will look forward to the next update! good luck!
Oh he is so stinkin' cute!
He is such a cutie! Good luck in Boston, we'll be thinking of you and praying for you!
Post a Comment