Today was post op day 8. I still can't believe my baby's heart is now whole, it is a big concept for me to grasp. I stare at his numbers all day in awe, modern medicine and the human body are pretty amazing. Today Mason had a great day medically. There was no changes made as far as putting him closer to discharge but I will take that over back steps any day. Today emotionally has been a different story, he was really sad and quiet today. He asked about Ryder and at one point told me he wanted to go home. We have been in Boston for 19 days and I think being homesick is kicking in. Every time a nurse walks in he cries, he doesn't have any pokies or treatments in his room so he isn't crying because of that I think he is crying because he is confused and they are strangers. His ICU nurse came in tonight to visit him and he actually talked to her which is more than he has done with the other nurses on this unit. He spent a good portion of the day in the play room. He can't stand by himself yet so he would try to walk and play but then be tired and so we brought toys and art to the table so he could sit and enjoy being out of his room. With him having a hard day has made it a hard day for me also. There is no doubt I get my strength from my kids. They make me want to be strong so when they are sad and confused and there is nothing I can do, it makes me feel sad and confused with them. So instead of laying next to him crying, which is what I feel like doing, I try to keep him mind busy and try to make him laugh. So far today there was maybe one or two times that he smiled a real smile so tomorrow my goal is to get more of the real smiles from him. Hopefully tomorrow things will start looking up for him personality wise. His cousins are coming to visit and I think that might be a good medicine for him to have some family and kids to entertain him.
Today was a I don't want to take a picture or smile kind of day
His art work from the play room
How he felt about toay, even after building this big tower
He is dressed like Hulk but not feeing quite Hulk like today




No comments:
Post a Comment