Friday, January 31, 2014

Post Op Day 10

Today was filled with more smiles from Mason.  He still isn't near back to his personality but I will take the smiles I can get.  He started this morning with 7 meds and kept them all down, thank goodness! He had a chest xray, got dressed and then we went to the playroom.  After the playroom I made special arrangements to go to the parent resource center to go see one of the therapy dogs before it went to visit one of the outpatient floors here.  Mason was so happy to see  a dog and to talk about his dog.  He was so happy that he actually let me take a picture of him willingly! After that we had to wait around because Mason was scheduled for an echo but we didn't have a time of when.  So he played a little more in the play room and then started to get really tired.  He came back to his room ate a little more than he did yesterday then fell asleep.  Of course right after he fell asleep echo showed up. They brought a portable echo so he didn't have to go to the echo lab and I was sure it was going to be a screaming fight.  I am thankful for the tender mercy that Mason stayed asleep the whole entire time! No sedation medicine just a nap, it was amazingly perfect.  It was so great to see his full heart pumping strong on the screen.  I was a little nervous to get the results from it and didn't expect to hear until Monday about them but I got an email from his cardiologist who is out sick and everything looked great! He does have some pulmonary narrowing but she said it isn't an immediate worry AT ALL.  She also said that her and Dr. Emani still want Mason to have a cath in a few months(right around the time we would go back to Utah).  I am hoping that the "few months" was meant to say a few weeks but I guess I will find out more when she is back on Monday.  I am so relieved knowing that the conversion worked and that Mason's full heart is confirmed a success in his post op echo.  Although we are looking at another 6 days in the hospital, I couldn't feel more blessed.  Blessed to have an uneventful recovery, blessed to have amazing doctors, blessed for so many things, but most importantly blessed that Mason has a full functioning heart.
 
 Mason happy to be with Cody the dog
 
 Mason, Jakari, and Maddox playing trains together in the play room
 
Cruisin' the halls before his friend Jakari got discharged
 
The amazing sleeping echo with great results


1 comment:

Cheri J. Crane said...

Wow!!! Wonderful news!!! So glad the echo looked as good as it did. Truly a miraculous procedure! =) And it was wonderful to see Mason smiling again. Our prayers continue to be with you all.