Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Full Heart

There is the phrase of hearts being full, today Mason's is just that, but not as a phrase.  I have not wrapped my mind around the idea yet but I am over the moon with the idea.  The surgeon said he has a full, functioning heart. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe the advances and technology behind that.  We were pointed in this direction a year ago and I know there isn't a place I would rather be from a facility stand point.  Dr. Emani said surgery went very good, he did a lot of work and is please with it all.  He did say that Mason still has a lot of collateral vessels in his heart and are not working in his favor, this concerns him.  The next few days are very critical and they will watch everything very close, if he stays concerned they will take him back to the cath lab and coil them off.  They will keep him completely paralyzed and sedated for awhile while his body adjusts to normal flow.  He will have a long recovery but ultimately only good results are expected.  It is crazy, I feel more emotional now than I have all day.  It is almost like the relief of joy after a day of waiting.   January 21, 2014 Mason went from "half a heart" to a "full heart".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words to read! Love you all!

Hilary and Eric said...

I remember the feeling. So happy for you!! Here's to a smooth, steady recovery for Super Mason!

Mauri said...

tears. SO amazing!

Molly said...

Thats so exciting! Thoughts and prayers will continue for the long recovery.

Cheri J. Crane said...

What an amazing procedure! I'm so glad things are looking good. Our hearts and prayers will continue to be with you during the days ahead. =)

Mary said...

SOOOOOOOOOO great!!!!!! Congrats. You guys are still in our thoughts and prayers-Chase and mary

Tammy Hopkins said...

Awesome!! Happy <3 Hugs all around!!

Cherryl said...

I am so glad that everything went so well. We will still be praying that their will be no compications and no infection and that he will recover quickly. I am so thankful that his heart is whole. God bless you all.