Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some pictures

M had a good night last night and tolerated the chest closure pretty well. The reason the first 24hours after is rough is because it changes the pressure in the chest. They have been really worried about him because he is so much older than the "typical" baby who has the surgery done, because his body was used to the pressure from before then they have had to change it two different times now. They are going to try to start to ween him off the vent tomorrow. They say it could take from 3 days to a week for that to happen. Today they put 2 feeding tubes in. An NG and and NJ. One is for food and the other is for a study drug that we are participating in. Here are some pictures before and after surgery.
The day before surgery

Our family

After surgery. We got rid of the first drainage tube today!!


Our little bright eyes! They are suprised how alert he gets! He will wake up and just look around and be awake for a good hour while on pain meds and sedation! It makes his blood pressure go up but not to a number that they stress about because it goes right back down after he goes to sleep. The white dressing on his chest is because in these pictures his chest is still open and that is what is covering it. Now he just has a long bandaid down his chest so we can actually see his skin now!



13 comments:

Trevor and Dayna said...

That picture with his eyes open melts my heart. I have been checking everyday and just sob. I don't know how you are doing this but I know you just take it step by step and day by day. It's amazing how strong our kids make us be even when we never thought we could. You are an amazing lady and mother and I pray everyday for you and that sweet little baby.

Debbie said...

McButter, Wow, what an amazing little peanut! I can't believe all they can do now to help such a tiny baby. I love your posts and especially this one with pictures. Keep strong and know so many people are thinking about and praying for you guys.

brenda said...

Thanks for posting pictures. I can't believe all that they are doing for him. He actually does look very alert. That is great!

thecannon5 said...

I LOVE your pictures, You look sooo amazing too. He is so stinking cute. I loved the picture with his bright eyes. You can tell he loves you guys and wants you to know it. So glad he is in good hands with doctors and our Heavenly Father. We pray every night and the kids make sure they include all those that are sick and need help, so they are praying for him and I keep your name in at the Temple. Many hugs and loves to you guys.

Cheri J. Crane said...

The pictures are great. Baby M. is such a cutie. Hang in there and again, know you are in our hearts and prayers.

Heather K. said...

Looking at these pictures brings tears to my eyes...it brings back memories. I don't know how anyone could go through a trial like this without prayers from those around them and know of the love our Heavenly Father has for them. I love how he is so alert, helps give you some peace I'm sure to see his eyes and connect with him so you know he's okay. And YAY for the first drainage tube coming out. Once one thing comes out...they all seem to come out quickly after!!! :) You guys are amazing!

Unknown said...

He is adorable. He looks just perfect minus all those tubes. Love his bright eyes. :)

Unknown said...

Guys I'm praying for you and m so know That the j team is here for you. If there is anything we can do just let us know. He IA in good hands at children's primary I know for a fact.

Marissa Birch said...

Aaaaah he is so adorable! It breaks my heart to see him hooked up to all those tubes, and the vent, but they will hopefully start going away! We are still praying for you guys! He's such a tough little boy!

Katy said...

I love the family picture of you guys! I'm so happy he is such a fighter. You are so amazing and such a good example! Thanks for keeping us updated. We will continue to pray for you guys and hope you will be home for good soon. Love ya!

Unknown said...

He looks so precious!!! I can't believe how long your hair is girl. Take care of both of you. Thanks for keeping us all informed. We all are thinking of you.

Bj said...

I am so glad Katie S. just told me about your blog. We have been concerned! I just have to tell you that EVERY time we pray for your family, I get chills and an overwhelming feeling of the love that Heavenly Father has for you guys and that he is with you! I know prayers are being answered! Little M is a fighter and your strength and testimony are a strength to me!

pmday said...

He is so adorable! I love the bright eyes!! I hope you guys are doing ok. Is there anything you need? We are all praying for you. Kristin