Sunday, November 7, 2010
Movin' on Up!
We are officially out of the CICU/PICU!! The past two days have been big but good days! So I'll start with Saturday, Saturday they took out his pacer wires, art lines, AV lines, and the last chest tube so WE GOT TO FINALLY HOLD HIM!!! Such a great feeling to finally hold my sweet little baby again! That afternoon the Nurse Practitioner came in his room and said guys we have a problem so we were like oh crap what, and he said "I don't think we can find a reason to keep him down here anymore!" Problem for them because they fell in love with little M but good for us because that means he is doing great and is one step closer to going home! So he is still doing great but in the night he started having withdrawals from all the narcotics he has been on so they had to start him on methadone to help him get over them. Today around 11:30 they moved him to the Children's Surgical Unit. He is awake most the time and just is content as can be. When we got up here they taught us both how to give meds through his feeding tube just in case he has to go home with it. Tomorrow he has to do a swallow study to make sure he can protect his airway when swallowing and if he can then we can start giving him a bottle. It looks like we will be home sooner than anyone ever thought we would be, he has really exceeded everyones expectations down here. We are so proud of him and are so privileged to be his parents! We wouldn't have made it this far with out going insane if it wasn't for everyones support and prayers! I probably won't have a computer again until Wednesday so take it that no news is good news until then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YAY, I am sooo excited to hear that. I hope he comes home before Thanksgiving for you guys. I know that you are all being watched over and little M is being blessed. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. We love and miss you!
Wow!! I am so impressed with your little man!!! My friend is an RN that works in the surgical unit there- Melanie Rose- and she is awesome!! I hope everything continues to get better and better!
-Lara
That makes me happy!!
I just found your blog and read up on little M and am so happy for you and him! I hope he continues to progress and a steady rate and that you get to bring him home sooner than later! Babies are tough and it sounds like your little guy is a fighter! You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers! love, Kassandra
YAY!!! Holy cow he moved up to that floor fast! I am beyond thrilled for you guys!!! :) Good luck with the swallow study. I'm sure he'll do great!
BTW - hopefully M is off methadone before he goes home. That stuff is a pain to measure out because the dosage is SOO small! :)
We're so excited for you guys and little M!! We so glad to get to be friends up here. Hope all keeps going so perfect for you guys!!!
My mom told me what happened, and I'm so grateful little M is doing well. It sounds like you have truly been blessed! Hope all continues to go well! Our prayers are with you!
Post a Comment