Mason had another really good day today. He woke up happy and stayed happy for most the day minus when it was time for meds and vitals. Our roommates got moved to a different room and nobody moved out of the ICU today so Mason gets his own room tonight, YAY! Funny thing, Mason thinks the hospital cafeteria is McDonald's so today for lunch he was able to go eat a hotdog at "McDonald's" I figure why not let him think that if it makes him happy! Tonight before the Super Bowl started he wanted to go for a walk. Right as we were in front of the nurses station and right before his room he fell and took the brunt of it with his forehead. It was loud, he screamed, and nurses came running. It wasn't that hard of a fall but because he is in the hospital it is taken pretty seriously. His nurse had us go straight to his room to hook him up to the monitor and so she could asses him and look at his head. Two more nurses came in to check on him and then the Nurse Practitioner. He kept ice on his head for a few minutes then was ready to go walk again. I made his ride in the car and I walked him around the halls so we could avoid that happening again. He later said that he didn't like all the people running to him, that probably seemed scary in his eyes. He watched the Super Bowl here and there. During the game the nurse tried to flush the line that was in his neck for meds and blood draws and it had gone bad. I am sad about it because he didn't have to have any pokes with it in but I am glad it lasted so long, they said they usually only last 1 week at the longest and his made it almost 2 weeks. After the game the nurse took the IV out and Mason was able to finally get in the shower. He was starting to get smelly so I was so happy to get him cleaned up. He looked so good once he got out and was dried and clean. We ended the night with popcorn, for the 3rd night, and watched Alvin and the Chipmonks. His Ativan wean today went well so if he can still do well with it he only has tomorrow on it then they will stop it Tuesday and if he tolerates it okay then he will get discharged! I am trying to not get my hopes up but I can't help it. I am ready to sleep in a real bed, not a hospital bed with him, and to take a real shower. But what I am the most ready for is to be one step closer to going back home and having our family under one roof.
Mason loves to go find Tug. It is a robot train that delivers patient food to the different floors. It rides the elevator and everything by itself. It is for sure one of Mason's favorite things at the hospital.
Chips and Dip for the Super Bowl
Right after he fell and hit his head. He wanted to make sure it wasn't bleeding and I didn't have mirror so he looked at his head through the camera on my phone. I love his little face, even when it is a little sad.
Eating his popcorn and M&M's before bed
Out like a light and pink as can be
<3





1 comment:
What an adventurous day! =) I'm sorry he fell and bonked his head, but glad he was able to enjoy a shower, the Super Bowl, and that he is getting closer to being discharged. He looks good. He truly is Super-Mason!!!
Post a Comment