Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Post Op Day 13

Once again sleep overrode blogging day 13 last night, it if Mason didn't have to wake up so early this morning I am sure I would still be out like a light, I can barely keep my eyes open.  Mason had a really good day.  He smiled a lot, was happier to the nurses, and we went on lots and lots of walks.  He had to have his first blood draw since they had to take the line out of his neck.  They numbed his arm with cream before so he didn't really feel it but the idea that he was having a pokie made him pretty upset.  He got to pick a prize out of the treasure box though so that made it all worth it.  It was a hang out kind of day with nothing going on most of the time.  Later in the day the Nurse Practitioner came by to asses him and decided to take his stitches out of his chest tube sites on his belly.  We went to treatment room and he thought it was pokie time.  I love the treatment room so that his room is always a "safe zone", but he sure does hate when we walk into it.  The stitches came out easy and painless and he got to pick out another prize.  The hope now is that post op day 14 will be the lucky discharge day.  Dr. Banka(his cardiologist) came by and said she wants to do a post op visit in 1 week, another in 1 week after that and then we can discuss dates for a cath in 2-3 months here in Boston and we can discuss when we can fly back to our real home.  So we will be in Boston for at least 2 weeks after he is discharged and then we will find out if it has to be longer.  Here is to hoping day 14 will be the day of discharge!

I took some cute happy pictures of Mason but for some reason they aren't loading today :(  I will try and upload them later.

No comments: