Saturday, February 22, 2014

Home Sweet Home

There is a lot of truth in the saying There is no place like home.  We made it home safely and Mason has been doing great.  We had to be at the airport in Boston at 4:30am so it was an early morning, but Mason wasn't even grumpy.  When I woke him up to tell him it was time to go on the airplane he popped right up with excitement.  The taxi company sent a small car to pick us up, even after we told them how much we had.  We had 3 very large bags, 3 carry ons, 3 backpacks, and our big stroller!  The cab driver was so good about it and somehow we fit it all! He told us if anyone else would have come they would have looked at everything we had and told us sorry and left.  We got through security pretty quick and only had to wait about 30 minutes before we started boarding the airplane.  We always preboard with a medical pass so we can wipe everything with Clorox wipes before everyone gets on the plane and also before Mason can touch anything.  We are those people.  Our flight from Boston to Chicago went smooth except for the people in front of us and behind us probably ready to kill us.  Mason has a camelbak water bottle and something must have happened when the plane pressurized that it cause a lot pressure in his water bottle.  Zac and I had our eyes closed then all the sudden Mason is saying uh oh and I am getting wet.  He opened up his water and it was spraying EVERYWHERE! I couldn't get it to stop either.  It was literally dripping from the ceiling and got the people in front and in back of us.  If looks could kill.  What made it worse is all I could do was laugh and say its only water.  I'm sure they didn't care what it was they just didn't like the surprise shower or that the mom couldn't stop laughing.   Kind of embarrassing.  Other than that the flight went well and Mason's oxygen only dropped a few point with the change in altitude pressurized.  When we landed in Chicago our other plane was already boarding so we had to run to the other plane and I still had to check Mason's stroller there so that was a stressful moment as we were one of the last people on the plane but we made it and got seats together so it worked.  That flight went well and we were in Salt Lake in no time. When we got to Salt Lake Mason wanted to walk and pull his suitcase.  He walked, and sometimes ran, pulling his suitcase all the way from the gate to baggage claim without getting tired! Before we left he couldn't even walk from the car to the house without wanting to be held. It was a pretty great moment for Zac and me to see. My mom picked us up and we drove home.  I couldn't wait to see Ryder so before we came home we stopped at Ryder's school and I went in and checked him out.  When he saw me he came running down the long haul as fast as he could and jumped to me.  I cried but had to stop quickly because I didn't want him to be embarrassed of his mom crying at his school.  Mason was very excited to see Ryder also.  When we got home our door had been heart attacked from our neighbor, it is so cute and I still haven't taken it down because I love it so much! We settled in and then a bunch of our friends came together bringing goodies and gifts to the door to welcome us home.  Mason and I loved seeing all our friends again.  Later that night Mason's grandma, 3 aunts, and 2 cousins came to see us.  It was so fun to have all the kids playing again and it was a bit chaotic but it was welcomed chaos seeing everyone together again.  Mason has slept pretty good since being home and has also still been eating a ton.  His oxygen levels have stayed good and so has his breathing.  It has been such a relief because they were pretty sure he would do okay at a higher elevation but they didn't know for sure.  Mason loves being home and I love seeing my whole family back under one roof and it makes it even better that it is under our roof.  He has appointments and tests at Primary's this coming week but I am expecting only great results.
 
The sky was so beautiful on our flight and I couldn't help but take a picture!
 
Mason walking/running off the plane
 
At the airport
 

We were heart attacked!
 
 Wii U time
 
 I can't get enough of these two being together.  My heart is now whole also.
 
Checking out the Disney Infinity Characters
 
Dress up with his brother, aunts, and cousin


1 comment:

Trav and Britt said...

congratulations!! what wonderful news, little mason is doing well! i am so so SO happy for your family! i have to admit, your post totally made me cry, but only in a good way b/c your story is truly a miracle! it seems like a million years since we worked together, but know that i think of you and your family often and hope everything is sunshine and rainbows from here til forever!:)