Mason had a minor surgery on the 7th. He was born with clogged tear ducts and they never opened on their own so they had to put him under to do it. I'm not going to lie I was super nervous about him being intubated and under anesthesia again, but I worried for nothing! They told us the day before to plan on staying overnight because he was a heart kiddo, but he did AMAZING, so they let us go 3 hours after surgery! He also had an echo while he was asleep, right before he was getting discharged I asked his nurse in recovery about his echo and she said she'd go check on it well when she came back she said, the report says the valve is more leaky and there is significant change in the echo....... it made me sick! She said you need to pop into cardiology on your way out and talk with them. So we went straight to cardiology and Mason's doctor wasn't in clinic but was in his office so he told the front desk to put us in a room and he'd look at the results and come talk with me, when I told him what happened he didn't like the way she told me that because all it was, was the mitral valve going from a mild leak to a moderate leak. He upped one of Mason's meds and is hoping that that takes care of it. He is still worried about it and so he wants to see him back in November and then do another sedated echo in December to make sure the leak is back to mild..... I don't know why but I have a really good feeling that upping that med is going to work! So I guess I will just keep going with the power of positive thinking, and faith!
♥
2 comments:
awesome 2 points for faith! :) I know the minor things shouldn't be so scary but they are! Zeke has an umbilical hernia and I have an appt with a general surgeon to figure out surgery. I'm so grateful for all these heart connections and finding inspiration. Little mason is such a cutie! I hope I get to come to the next ihh get together. Have a fabulous friday! :)
Jenn
I just found your blog through another heart friend I live in Preston Id so I just wanted to say hi and if you ever need anything let me know my little boy Connor was born in Logan then life flighted 48 hours later when they finally figured out why he was turning blue... Heart hugs Ivy murphy
Post a Comment