Monday, January 31, 2011

Surgery Day

Just trying to pass the time! Mason went back to surgery at 7:30am and they told us the surgery would be 5 1/2-6 hours and we wouldn't be able to see him for 7 hours so we are sitting in the waiting room watching time tick VERY slowly. We got our first update a little over an hour ago saying they had just made the incision and they would update us again in an hour so we are not so patiently waiting (although I really do try to be patient). We had to be down here by 9:30 yesterday morning for his pre-op work up. (Labs, Xrays, Physical). So we decided to get a hotel and stay the night because we had to be at the hospital at 6 this morning. It was nice to be out of the house as a family although we were still confined to the hotel room at least it was a change of scenery. I can't wait to get through this stage and have RSV season over so all of our friends and family can get to know Mason and his cute personality! I will try and update after his surgery today but I might not get a chance until tomorrow. Thanks for checking the blog!

8 comments:

Hillman's said...

Thank you for the update! Hang in there, we love you guys. Mason has such a cute personality. He is always smiling and those big eyes. He always seems to be glowing. Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys. If your mom needs any help with Ryder we would love to help out.

jes forrey said...

Thanks for the update! Keep us informed!

brandib said...

Thanks for the update!!!! My heart is with you today. Can't stop thinking about you guys!!!

Katy said...

My heart is racing for you! Hope all goes well!

Johnson Family said...

I hope everything goes well! Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

Julia said...

We are thinking of you all. Love and prayers are with you!

brenda said...

HOpe fully they are done now that it's after 3. You guys have been in my thought and prayers all day!

Summer said...

My Prayers are with you today especially, having been in your shoes several times in the last 3 years...... I know how comforting prayers can be. Please know that your sweet Mason's surgeon is being guided from our elder Brother and Father from above........knowing that always made it a bit easier as we sent our Mason off to surgery! Your Mason is a true miracle making it 24 days at home undiagnosed!! Our Mason would have passed on at 3 days old at home if I hadn't felt something was wrong with him that day. I guess "Miracle" just goes hand in hand with the name Mason!

Thinking about you this day,

Love,

Miracle Mason's Mommy (HLHS & post transplant)

ps. Hope it's ok...I added your Mason to our heart friend list.