Well we are back at the hospital again. Only made it home for 12 hours! So this morning the phone started ringing at 4am Luckily (yes I said luckily) it was turned down so I didn't hear it until 7. It was the Pediatric fellow up here saying that we needed to get back down here to the ER because Mason's blood culture grew back positive. Mason was still asleep and I didn't find it that emergent so I let him sleep awhile longer before heading back. Once we got here to the ER they were waiting for us so they took him right back to a room and we started everything over again. Luckily this ER visit was a lot shorter! They drew labs and his white count has gone even lower and with that positive blood culture they admitted him because if it is true that he is growing a bacteria then he wont be able to fight it. The bacteria that grew back could be a false positive because it is the same bacteria that grows on your skin so it could have just been contaminated, but they are keeping him until the one they drew today comes back. And also he has been extremely sleepy so they just want to watch him again. Anyways that is the latest with our little guy! We are hoping for the contaminated blood culture but we are glad they are being cautious.
2 comments:
Hope everything goes good! Poor little man!!!!
Hope things are good and you get to come home soon!
Post a Comment