Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Never in the Safe Zone
I guess once we start feeling like things are going good and we are somewhat "safe" for a minute they decide to worry us about something else. They called us back last week about the random vessel in his heart and they are not concerned about it right now but they didn't mention what they were thinking about Mason's chest xray being more wet, so yesterday on our way to Ryder's soccer I got a phone call from the nurse, she told me that Mason's doctor is very worried Mason has something called Chylothorax (click here for definition). It is fairly rare but pretty serious, but they way it is presenting itself he really feels it might be. The way they are going to find out for sure if that is what it is they are going to switch his formula. The formula he is on right now is a fat malabsorbtion formula so it makes it hard because the only way they can see if that is the problem he needs to be on something that isn't fat free. The dietician will call us today and tell us what formula we need to give him, then we will go down to Primary's 2-3 days after being on the regular formula and they will do a chest xray and if it is even more wet then it will look like we will become part time residents of Primary Childrens once again. I am nervous being so far away from there when they do this trial because if it gets bad enough it could put him in respiratory distress and I really don't want to watch him leave on life flight again. But I guess we will just see how it goes. This is life as we know it. Our life will always be unpredictable and anything can happen at anytime. So I guess it is pretty safe to say we are never really technically in the "safe zone" But we love this little guy more than words can ever express, he is so fun and his personality is the best! I can't imagine life without him, he has made us stronger and continues to teach us life lessons. Thanks to everyone who still checks up on him and still prays for him, we really appretiate it! ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Are you able to go down to SLC for a few days and just stay with someone while you do this trial if that would make you feel better? I'm sure I would feel the same way as you. Maybe ask the cardiologist if that would be a huge concern of distress....maybe it wouldn't be and might ease your fears a little.
I hope that he doesn't have Chylothorax. What do they do to treat it anyway? Just remember that he is a strong little boy and look how well he did at just being an infant without you knowing anything was wrong how well he bounced back! :) Please let me know if you ever need anything....anything at all!
Okay first off, the song playing on your blog makes me cry. I love it. I am sorry to hear about Masons new challanges. He is such a strong little guy and you guys are such troopers and are doing so good with what you are being handed!
Sorry I just accidently posed the comment twice:)
Praying for you and M today. So sorry to hear this.
Know that you are amazing Mollie...I just love ya!I Hope and pray that you guys can get through this next hurdle.
Mollie,
I am sorry to hear about this setback....I hope that everything turns out ok and that there are no problems for you guys! I will be praying for you and baby M! ((( HUGS )))
Mollie and Zac, You're in our prayers!
Sending you lots of love!!!
Post a Comment