Friday, October 29, 2010
What a Champ!
So today was M's surgery. They hit us with some pretty big statistics on survival rate and all that other nasty stuff that they are required to tell you. His case was VERY high risk because of him being so much older. (They usually do this surgery at 2 daysish old) They took him back at 7:30 this morning and told us they had the OR booked for 7 hours for his surgery. They updated us throughout the process. We sat in the waiting room for a little bit but then R came and today was the big Halloween party here so we took him to the party for most of the surgery so we were able to keep busy instead of watching the clock. At around 3:00 the surgen came and took us in a room to tell us how things went. There was alot of information but one of the things I found out that I didn't understand before is we all know that we all have a four chamber heart, well little M now only has one. He still wouldn't give us the okay he is doing good all he would say is it went as expected and that is about it. When we went to see him it was kinda crazy so we just peek in his room from time to time to make sure he was okay but we can't really touch him at all. Well we ate dinner and took a little break and when we went back his new nurse was there and we asked how he was and she said he is doing WELL better than expected. They never told us but hospital wide he was know because they were expecting him to become VERY sick after surgery and need alot of help and interventions. Well he proved them wrong!! He is on VERY little support it is quite a shock to see him because he is covered in wires and tubes and what not but he is doing very very good! Shows prayers really are answered! I am going to try to get some pics on a CD tomorrow so I can upload them on to Z's computer so I hope to have some pics with tomorrows post. Thanks for checking up on him by reading this, it means SO much to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so glad he IS proving them wrong and hope that he will continue to surprise them! Lots of love to little M and you all!
M is a very strong little boy! We are all thinking and praying for you every day. Rayson asks about him as soon as I get home every day and he always wants to say our nightly family prayer so that he can bless baby M. Thank you for the updates. We love you guys. XoXo
The Hillman's
What a blessing he is doing so well! Funny that he is so well known now! :) I'm glad they had something going on so that you guys and R could go to it and pass time. Cute little M is so strong. He definitely is a fighter and meant to be here at this time! :)
I'm SO happy to hear that M is doing so good and proving everyone wrong! We'll keep praying that he keeps that up! Thanks for the update! We've been thinking and praying for you guys! Love you!!
Oh - huge relief!!! I am so glad M is doing well. We saw cute R tonight. Took pics of him in his costume. I will send them to you on FB. Love you guys!! Let us know if you need anything. Thanks for the updates on here. It keeps us back home in touch.
I want you to know I love you so much and so are so amazing and so strong... I cant imagine how scary and hard this is for you guys... I hope you know we love you and we have been praying for all of you especially little baby!!!!!! We hope he continues to do well and get better... you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly... I love you
XOOX
Tessa
Post a Comment